Tri Like A Girl???

April 22, 2009

We are women athletes.   We bike, run, swim, climb, and a myriad of other very physical things. It exhilarates us, builds our self-esteem, gives a sense of achievement and an attitude of excellence. It makes us strong, resilient, healthy and fit. Probably not what our mothers were doing at our age.

We get mixed feelings from those who come in contact with us. If you’re like me; your family is proud, your friends & co-workers think your crazy.  And people you meet on the street don’t know quite what to think.  I know it’s a little worse here in San Antonio.  But it is getting better  We have more & more people getting fit & staying active than ever before.

And the big craze right now seems to be endurance sports – pushing the limits – triathlons.  Our club has always been about cycling.  And we’re inviting the triathletes to come train with us for the biking.  We also want to see how much interest there is in organizing group runs and swims.

We have had several great opportunities to ride with several people that are currently training for triathlons.  We also have several of our riders training for them as well.  We want to help.

We have added a ‘Tri Like A Girl’ page to the main website   and will be putting together some clinics in the near future.  We need you all to get involved so we can make this a successful part of the club.  Add a comment here and let us know what you think of this.  ie, is it good, bad, do you care, not care, have any ideas, can you help, things like that.

We look forward to hearing from all of you!!

1. Brittany permalink
    April 22, 2009 9:00 pm

I think its a great idea!! I did my first tri back in March and it was one of the reasons I came out and rode with Ride Like A Girl. Yall helped so much in helping me figure out all the gears and work on my time. I am very excited for clinics and anything yall need me to do let me know!!

Also Veronica I tried to post my own blog but I dont think I did it right, but I wanted some information on new bike handles and pedals and figured someone else might benefit. I want to change out my handlebars and get some clip pedals, any suggestions you or anyone else might have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

2. April 23, 2009 7:41 am

I will be doing my first Tri on May 9th. Yes, I would love clinics on this. But I will let you know more once I participate on the 9th. Thanks.

• Sonia M. Villa permalink
      April 25, 2009 3:41 pm

You go girl…

3. Veronica permalink*
    April 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Brittany – We have really enjoyed riding with you, when you’re in town!! I will need everyone’s help. Guy & I aren’t runners, so we are counting on all of you for suggestions, contacts, networking, getting the word out and maybe even scheduling some runs/swims.

Rosalinda – Good Luck on Saturday. Girl, you are such an inspiration how you have trained and pushed yourself. You keep getting better & better. We will all be praying/ pulling for you on the 9th. I know you’ll do great!!

April 24, 2009 4:56 pm

I’m game….I have never been good at running it seems that I can’t get the hang of the breathing thing but love to swim and ride!

• Sonia M. Villa permalink
      April 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey Karyn, what if I run for you, you swim and we both ride? Will that work LOL We are a TEAM

• Karyn permalink
        April 25, 2009 7:47 pm

I would call that teamwork…but works for me 🙂

5. saridelikeagirl permalink*
    April 26, 2009 1:53 pm

We have some exciting things brewing for the Tri Like A Girl. I think you all will be excited about it.

Tell us what ideas YOU may have to make this truly helpful for all of you tri-girls…. post a comment – help us out!!!

6. Sonia M. Villa permalink
    April 26, 2009 2:14 pm

For those that were determine to ride today.. I am glad we did it was a great ride thanks Veronica & Guy for pushing us.

7. Veronica permalink*
    April 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Sonia – thank you for riding with us!! You know we love to push you!!!

8. Evangeline permalink
    April 29, 2009 1:19 pm

I’ll be interested in doing the tri training with y’all. I’ll see if I can get my friend to help y’all out since she’s a seasoned marathon-er.