The long awaited Saturday Photo Shoot May 2nd

April 28, 2009

img_7047-2

We will be having a Rider Photo Shoot this Saturday.  As I told many of you before, we wanted to give all of you the opportunity to have photos taken of you riding.  The time is finally here.

This is especially important for the beginner & super-beginner riders.  Photographers are usually only available at the larger rides, so it’s hard to get quality photos to show to all your family & dis-believing friends that you are truly a ‘cyclist’.

We’ll be having this at the Hill Country Village Ride May 2nd.  There will be no charge…  don’t miss out on this – everyone is welcome.  This is a really wonderful opportunity for all of you.

Harry Burg, a dear friend to several of us Ride Like A Girl folks, will be joining us to take photos along with Veronica.  (he is amazing!!!)  This is not an opportunity you want to miss.  Especially for the beginner riders.

tiffany-1

We will still be having the ride.  For the faster beginners, we’ll be meeting at 7AM, wheels down at 7:15AM.  We’ll have photographers on the route shooting your pictures as you ride by.

Then the main Beginners Ride – 2 Levels, will be meeting at 8:30AM with wheels down at 9:00AM.  Please be either early or on time if your coming for the 8:30-9 ride.  We want to take individual photos and group photos between 8:30 & 9.

Both Fast-beginners & Super-beginners will ride out at 9AM and we’ll have photographers on the route shooting your pictures as you ride by.

How often do we have a chance to get our photos taken while we’re riding?  It will really mean alot to you – don’t miss it!

A note to the intermediate riders – you are all more than welcome to join us for this, either at 7AM or at 8:30am.

April 28, 2009 8:56 pm

would that have been the 2nd or 3rd time up the hill 🙂
    I’ll be there Sat

2. Evangeline permalink
    April 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh man…this is going to be a tough choice since my tri training group is supposed to practice open water swimming in Lake Boerne the same day. I so want to have my picture taken while riding…I’m always the photographer never the subject…I’ll just have to make a coin toss for this one 😉

• saridelikeagirl permalink*
      April 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Karyn – We can tell even on the third climb, you hadn’t even broken a sweat!

Evangeline – Do your tri training – do your tri training – do your tri training

When will you be done? You’re starting at 8AM, right?

• Evangeline permalink
        April 29, 2009 2:08 pm

LOL alright – swim start time is at 7 (brrrr) am @ Boerne City Lake & Park.

3. Michelle permalink
    May 1, 2009 9:14 am

Hey Veronica! It’s been too long sine we (lizette david and me) rode with you. This saturday is the Walk For Lupus at Brack, but Lizette and I will be at the early ride this satruday so we can make the walk.

Can’t wait!

Michelle

• Veronica permalink*
      May 1, 2009 9:21 am

Yes, Michelle – it’s been way too long. We all miss the 3 of you!

We will see you in the morning bright & early!! We’re taking everyone’s picture & all. It’s gonna be funny, er, I mean fun…

Everyone remeber, if it’s cloudy in the morning, that actually makes it better for picture taking. So, if you see a few clouds, don’t despair…

4. Letty permalink
    May 3, 2009 8:37 pm

Loved the photo shoot and the ride. What a great idea ! P.S. I’ve begun writing my essay on why I ride.

5. Nancy permalink
    May 11, 2009 6:57 pm

I wish I could have made the ride when the photos were taken. Unfortunately I was recuperating from a medical procedure.. But, I did manage to get back in the saddle at Brackenridge..