Saturday’s photo shoot…

May 2, 2009

We had an excellent time this morning!  Got some really amazing shots.  I want to give Harry Burg a huge THANK-YOU for coming out to shoot us.  Veronica took 702 photos and this is the only one that turned out good…

pablo-rider-extrodinaire1

Just kidding!!  Veronica will be putting each riders photos on a cd & mailing them the cd so they can print the shots.  We’ll be emailing the thumbnails out to each rider.  Select the ones you want to have posted on the site!

Not as many people showed up as we had hoped.  We managed to have a great time anyway.  Thanks to every one that did show up!!

May 2, 2009 6:07 pm

Very much fun! It was definitely an interesting day…..See you in the morning

2. chic on wheels permalink
    May 2, 2009 7:19 pm

I really enjoyed the photo session, I can not belief we did 5 turns aroung the loop.. I can feel it NOW, OUCH it burns… but it was fun to see everybody again, after a long time no see. see ya Thanks Veronica & Mr. Burg.

3. Cindy permalink
    May 3, 2009 7:23 am

Had a great visit with the new riders and Thank You for taking
    the photos!

• unknown rider permalink
      May 3, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey Cindy What was your excuse not to show up in your backyard ride? Is it that “YOU Don’t underdstand, I am done” (LOL)We just love to tease you!!!

• Cindy permalink
        May 26, 2009 8:06 pm

lol no excuses for me, fat and lazy that day….

look for me next time…will check the calendar for the next
        one and the ‘unknown’ comic errr cyclist better be ready to
        hang, I have been riding these hills every weekend:)

really…always enjoy riding with the girls:)

Cindy

4. Evangeline permalink
    May 3, 2009 1:32 pm

Had a great time…can’t believe I made it through that hill 3 times…sorry for being a wuss though. Tried really hard not to get sick but no luck.

Cindy – thank you so much for teaching me the gears! I have quite a bit to learn still though 😦 🙂 I guess I just have to be on my bike more 😉

Guy – thanks for the ride back I really appreciate it 🙂

Veronica – I know the pictures will turn out great! 😉 Thanks for taking pictures of us.

Again, thank you all for taking care of me…

5. Letty permalink
    May 3, 2009 7:33 pm

How did the “Tri” effort go this morning? I missed everyone. I wish I was there. I’m busy writing my essay on why I like to ride ! ! !

May 4, 2009 4:24 pm

Evangeline,
    We don’t have wusse’s (sp)! We have beginner cyclists. When I started I had no idea what I was doing either…you mean those gears are actually supposed to help me (hehe), you’ll master it before long.

Letty,
    I thought we had a great ride on Sunday, although I didn’t do much chatting with the tri people…they seemed to like it!

Cindy,
    Just cause you can ride Kyle Seale every day….we would still like to ride it with you.

• May 4, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey Cindy, what happened? We missed you Sunday. You should have no excuses. The ride was fun, I really enjoyed it, yes all 30 miles.

Adel, you were awesome. I am glad you rode with us. YOu ought to be proud of yourself moving up to the “Scenic Intermediate Riders.”

7. Adel Hernandez permalink
    May 4, 2009 10:36 pm

Veronica, That’s a great video!! Love the music. My husband came over to see what I was watching and he said it was very nicely done!!! I had a great time Saturday riding and looking at the camera and trying to remember to smile…even at the top of the hill.

Sunday was an awesome ride. I’ve never done Kyle Seale and don’t think I can actually say I’ve done Kyle Seale, but I will try again to see how far I can get with Kyle…LOL

Rosa, thank you for the vote of confidence. I like being a Scenic Intermediate Rider!!!

• Letty permalink
      May 7, 2009 10:31 am

Adel: Here is a list of items that are recommended to bring on the Tour De Cure ride.

Items You Need During the Ride:
      – Helmet
      – Rider numbers (bib, wristband, bike band, 2 for luggage—REMEMBER to write your bib # on all your wristbands)
      – Bike shorts
      – Cycling jersey
      – Cycling gloves & shoes
      – Protection from the sun – sunglasses, lip balm and sunscreen
      – Tire patch kit, spare tubes and air source (pump or several CO2 air cartridges)
      – Driver’s license
      – Cell Phone (with ICE (in case of emergency number programmed in)
      – Medical insurance card
      – Emergency cash and Credit card
      – Hydration – Water bottles or camel back
      – Favorite snacks (GUs, nutrition Bars, etc)
      – Emergency medications
      – Rain poncho or a large Heft bag – check weather on Friday and plan accordingly
      – Camera in a zip lock bag to keep dry; if digital, bring extra set of batteries
      In Your Overnight Bag:
      – Blanket, sheet, and pillow (if you’re staying in the dorms—single bed) or sleeping bag
      – Travel alarm clock
      – Towels
      – Toiletries including soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, and bug repellent
      – Toothbrush, hairbrush, hairdryer
      – Medications
      – Butt Butter (anti-chafing cream)
      – Travel size laundry detergent to rinse out jersey, shorts, and gloves for Day 2 ride
      – Comfortable clothes/shoes for Saturday evening.
      – Bathing suit if floating the river
      – Plastic cover/bag for bike seat on Saturday night (to keep moisture off your seat)
      – Riding clothes for Sunday

8. Sonia permalink
    May 4, 2009 10:53 pm

Veronica, this Video is awesome, you are doing great things with the club. I am very proud to be part of it. Better yet I am glad you still have me in it. with all the crazy thing I do, like riding on the left side. OOpps I promise to get better…

Adel, you did great! you were not the only one walking that hill, but next time we can do it “Si se puede” I am glad you went with us…

9. Luz M. Javier permalink
    May 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Guy and V, you’re my heroes, it has been almost 2 years when I called
    you and inquired about cycling and if we could possibly meet someplace
    where we can take a short ride. You were clueless but you two not only showed up but also spent the whole Sunday afternoon watching me fall off my bike over and over. You did not laugh nor make fun of me and you did not make me feel like a lesser person or maybe I was just numb but you know what, you really inspired and motivated me just to go on. Thank you again and again thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I was treated like a baby, poor Guy just didn’t have the heart to tell me that I should start with training wheels instead of clipless pedals and fancy helmets !!! Oh well.

I’m so proud of the numerous scars from my early rides, (they look like tattoos) I remember that time when I woke up with EMS and an ambulance nearby as panic reaction (I still don’t know what happened, I was told there were two joggers on a very wide road at Brackenridge). You know what, I really scared th s****t out of Guy’s daughter, poor thing was probably so traumatized because she never showed up on any of the beginner’s ride again after that incident. I’m soooo sorry Sydney, I’m sure to be the first and the last one from that category. Please ride with me again!!!!

OK enuff of that drama, Hey V, you’re in the wrong profession for
    whatever you’re doing now. I think you will be a good sports photographer, you really capture the best profiles of the gang.

I am so proud of you and so priviledged to be a part of this club.
    AMEN!