Tour De Cure – It is time…

May 29, 2009

Good Luck to everyone riding the Tour this weekend!!!

Guy & I will be out there with ya’ll, driving SAG & taking photos, helping where ever we can.  Whether you are riding with the Ride Like A Girl/Ridin’ With The Girl team or some other wonderful team, it doesn’t matter to us.  Put our numbers in your phone 210-383-3660, 210-683-0831, 210-383-4663.

We’ll arrive around 6:30AM Saturday at the starting location.  We’d like to take group & individual photos, if possible.  After the start, we’ll take off for a slow drive to San Marcos.  We’ll be taking photos along the way.  Call us if you need anything.  The truck had been fitted to accommodate up to 6 bikes.

We’ll have tubes, sun screen, bandaids, motrin, pickle juice, iced towels, gel paks, water, etc, etc, etc for anyone that needs it.  We’ll also have motivating words, hugs, cheers & whatever else you need to make your ride a success!!!

We’ll be staying in San Marcos Saturday night & will be up early Sunday as you start, then will be between Austin & San Marcos til our last rider comes in.

We will be tweeting our experience on Twitter, so if you want our fun & exciting updates, join up here:  http://twitter.com/            And follow: SARideLikeAGirl

Letty suggested we take a walk to the river after the ride to cool off our feet.  We thought this will be great!  Let us know if you are interested.

Also, comment below anything you would like to do post-ride…

FYI –  the official Medical Emergency # on your bib is wrong, I’ve been told. The correct number is 903-746-0976.

Have a great ride – We’ll see you there!!!!!

1. MICHELLE M. MENDOZA permalink
    May 29, 2009 2:35 pm

HEY VERONICA AND GUY,
    WE’LL SEE YOU ALL ON THE RODE THIS WEEKEND.!

• Veronica permalink*
      May 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Michelle – we will be there if you need anything!!! Who all is in your group??

2. Adel Hernandez permalink
    May 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Looking forward to the ride this weekend. So glad to know you and Guy will be around. See you out there!!

May 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Ya’ll are wonderful! I’ll be out there with Time Warner in our funky Gray Jerseys. See you out on the route someplace 🙂

4. Letty Dietes permalink
    May 31, 2009 7:30 pm

What a great TourDeCure 2009 ride. I felt strong. On Sunday I hit the 50 mile marker in 3.5 hours. I think that is about the best I’ve ever done. Thanks to all of you silly people for making the ride fun.

5. Lizette Yanes-Lew permalink
    June 1, 2009 8:44 am

This weekend was awesome! WOW! I can’t believe I did it! I am more pumped about my riding than ever before. It was great hanging out with everyone on Saturday. Knowing Veronica and Guy were out there, just in case, was very comforting–Thank You!!

I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Michelle for believing in me and cheering me on!!

6. Veronica permalink*
    June 1, 2009 11:48 am

Yes- Yes – Thanks to all the silly people – it was alot of fun!!

Guy & I would like to thank all of our riders. Each of you overcame big obstacles and did so good on the big two-day ride!!! Guy spent the weekend, beaming with pride, watching all the riders that started out as super-beginners just a short time ago. Look how good each of you did!!! It was really incredible. We feel so blessed to be a part of your accomplishments! It meant alot to me since I couldn’t ride, to be able to see all of you riding so strong & fearlessly.

Letty – you always do really good, you have gotten to be such a strong rider!! This was diffierent from last year. You are in a different place now as a rider. It’s cool. (fyi, Adel finished the 58 miles on Sunday, too!!)

Brittany – You did both days long & strong. I told you that you could handle it, you make it look effortless.

Karyn – even with the funky gray jersey, you were still ‘ridin’ like a girl’!!

Jaime – A big congrats to you, you did great!!

Emmy – we were amazed at your time on the 80 miles Saturday, and a strong finish on Sunday – you are an inspiration to all of us!!

Lizette – you really did awesome!!! We were so proud to see you out there riding strong!

Michelle – once again, you did really excellent!! Even with little training, you showed up & got it done!

Christine – same with you. I was really impressed to see how strong you finished both days.

Patty – god, everyone loves riding with you. You did wonderful. Ride with us more often!!!

Diana – it was so wonderful seeing you again, and seeing you ride again! You did superb, as usual.

Stuart – It was really wonderful having you ride with us. Come ride with us again!!!

Luz – You were the only one missing. You would have done really great on this ride – Please join us for the next one – you ain’t no super-beginner no more!!!

Adel – what can I say. Wow, you were amazing. We saw you more out in the ride than the others. I know everyone struggled to be strong, we wound up seeing more of you. We watched you struggling to find strength you didn’t think you had. We saw you contemplate giving up, then really digging in and finishing with a vengence. You rode stronger after mile 42 than before it. You were in better shape at mile 58 than mile 50. It was awe-inspiring to see you fighting the hills & the heat and coming out victorious! Thank you for believing in yourself! Thank you for listening to me. I keep track of you every time we ride. I knew you could do this even when you didn’t know. Be very, very proud of what you accomplished this past weekend! You did amazing!!!

7. June 1, 2009 7:03 pm

what a wonderful ride we had this weekend. i salute to those who finished their respective distances bravo to all of you. as a team we showed our support to a bigger team that is the tour itself. now hoping we could attract more riders for next year tour and other future rides. i am proud of the group though we are small in riders we did it…….

June 1, 2009 7:39 pm

I saw many of you out there on the road….some of you I didn’t know your names but the jersey sure gave you away. Adel, you were phenominal…on Sunday with your loose seat you still hung in there strong. Letti and Brittnay (I think) you were trecking up the hill with no problems. My Saturday was awesome, Sunday well there were a few hiccups (from the start) and then Orlando @ 50 gave in to his knee pain and we called it quits for the day.
    Guy and Andrea- thanks for being there- it is great and reassuring knowing while we are out there…we are never alone!!!!!
    Emmy- awesome on the 80’s!
    I am so glad to be a part of this group!

9. MICHELLE M. MENDOZA permalink
    June 2, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi everyone, I guess I’m a bit late in my response. BUT No Matter :

Thanks for a fun weekend. Everyone’s contribution and presence at the ride made for an even greater and more memorable weekend.

Hands down to my bestest friend who completed her FIRST BIG Ride!!! YOU DID it! I think Lizette suprised herself when she was going up some of the hills at oveR 15mph! i HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT!

What a great weekend! And to Guy and Veronica – THANKS FOR ALL THE LEADERSHIP THUS FAR.

Michelle M Mendoza

10. Adel Hernandez permalink
    June 2, 2009 11:24 pm

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I truly enjoyed riding with all of you this weekend. I’m so proud of our group. Congratulations to all of you.

The training rides during the last couple of weeks were so helpful. Guy and Veronica…you guys have so much to offer. Thank you for your time, encouragement and your confidence in me. I still can’t believe I DID IT!!!!!!!

I’ll know next time to take my walking shoes when we’re in search of a beer joint…LOL! Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. I had a great time!

11. Brittany permalink
    June 3, 2009 10:20 am

Congrads to everyone. I had Soo much fun the whole weekend. I hope to ride in with y’all again soon. I will be in Dallas for the remainder of the summer riding rides around here so if anyone is in the neighborhood let me know. Thanks to Guy and Veronica for all thier support and teaching me how to Ride Like a Girl. It was nice to meet many of you and catch up. 🙂